FORKLIFT TRAINING COURSE
Suitable for all people,average reading and writing skills required
- I HAVE A FORKLIFT LICENCE FROM OVERSEAS CAN I OPERATE ON IT IN AUSTRALIA?
No….You must enrol in a forklift license course in Australia to obtain your licence to legally operate a forklift in Australia.
- WHAT REQUIREMENTS MUST I MEET TO APPLY FOR A LF FORKLIFT LICENSE?
Eligibility for a high risk work LF forklift licence is as follows:
You are eligible to obtain a licence if you:
• are at least 18 years of age
• undertake a recognised course of training
• can use English at a level that enables the safe performance of high risk work
• have the necessary knowledge and ability to safely perform the high risk work
• have been assessed as competent by a workcover accreditted assessor working for the RTO using the relevant assessment
instrument under realistic workplace conditions
• apply to WorkCover for a high risk work licence.
- CAN I OPERATE A FORKLIFT WITHOUT A LICENCE?
A person performing high risk work on a forklift or order picker must hold the relevant LF or LO licence unless they are undergoing training. Only Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) approved by WorkCover can deliver training and assessment for high risk work licences in NSW. The training and assessment must be delivered under the supervision of an RTO but practical training can occur in the workplace.
- CAN I USE MY NEW NSW FORKLIFT LICENCE IN ANY STATE OF AUSTRALIA?
Yes: High risk work licences (LF forklift) are Nationally recognised in all Australian states and territories.